There’s such a vacuum of leadership in this country, and in our world.
Jesus had something to say about our times. His disciples asked Him questions about the future, any “signs” they would recognize that would signal His return to earth, and “signs” that would portend (warn, foreshadow) the “end of the world.”
Jesus gave them the following information (all taken from St. Matthew’s Gospel, chapter 24):
1. False “messiahs” would come, and would lead people astray.
2. Wars would break out. “Nations and kingdoms will proclaim war against each other.”
3. There would be famines and earthquakes in many parts of the world.
4. Christ-followers would be hated all over the world, and would be “arrested, persecuted, and killed.”
5. “False prophets” would lead many people astray.
6. Something “sacrilegious” would desecrate “the Holy Place.”
7. A time of “great horror” – so terrible that if that time of calamity is not supernaturally shortened (by God Himself), the entire human race would be destroyed.
In other places in the Old and New Testament (Daniel in the OT and The Revelation in the NT) “end time” events are described. It’s all interesting reading.
One of the striking things that Jesus and God’s prophets also spoke about was the longing for leadership the entire population of the Earth would have in the “end times.” Right now in America this desire for leadership is very much present. America is looking to her politicians for strong, intelligent leadership that will prevent economic ruin, and produce military victory. America is longing for a “messiah.”
Every major religion is looking for a messiah. What a perfect time for a false one to appear.
Think about it.